Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Early morning bay lap

Number 2 made it through to daylight today but getting up was hard again this morning. I actually found it easier getting up in the dark in the depths of winter than I do right now. I cant work it out, perhaps it is becase the next big challenge(Canberra) is so far away.

I just wanted to run without flogging myself and I managed to pull myself up every time I was starting to push beyond slightly uncomfortable. So well within myself today. I bumped into and ran with Aunty for about 1km, nice to see her out and about again. The 7km lap was completed in 28 minutes 7 seconds, not including the out and back section I ran with Aunty.

These tempo type runs are becoming a bit of a staple, but I need to either run these a bit longer or reinvent them a little so I do get some benefit from them. Alternatively I could just leave the watch off and just enjoy being out and about! At the moment it is all about keeping it fresh and not getting stale when there is no challenge in the near distance.

No comments: