Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Humbled

Took a well earned rest day on monday. My legs felt fine but my foot was killing me on sunday evening.

I think I may have been getting a bit carried away with it all lately. I am writing tuesdays post on thursday and I still havent been to see a doctor re my foot. But I continue to run. I am 95% certain that the problem is not bone related, it appears to be a tendon or muscle, as I can really isolate it when I am massaging my foot.

It always takes time to warm up and then it is fine. Depending on the surface, the distance and the the effort, sometimes it can be good to go the next day and somedays I feel like I will be lucky to run for several days.

Anyway part to do with my procrastination tendencies and partly my obsessive compulsive nature, I couldnt bare the thought of not running.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I headed out on tuesday morning full of beans even with a sore heel. Thje plan was not dissimilar to 2 weeks ago where I ran a firm baylap and then finished off with some hill repeats.

I got through the lap in 29 minutes and hit the hill. Today I thought I would run 8 repeats and if I felt up to it to round it out to 10. Never underestimate hills. I got through 3 and knew I was going to struggle to get to 8 and sure enough after 6 gut wrenching efforts, I was spent and called it quits.

Sometimes we go to the cupboard and reach for the superman cape and come out with the dressing gown! Not a great look even at 6.30 on a tuesday morning! Still a worthwhile effort.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I must have borrowed your superman cape on Tuesday morning as I had a great run around the Bay.

Did you run past the Drummoyne Rowers at about 5.50-6amish? I think I saw the back of you but I couldn't be sure so I didn't call out.

J