Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Balls Head

After yesterday mornings flogging I headed out at lunch to Balls Head at a liesurely pace. This run is about 9kms but boy it is a tough 9kms. There is very little flat running, just a lot of ups and a lot of downs. As I headed down Greenwich Road from work Ray James drove by, nice to see him as we havent caught up in some time.

I had a mind set of taking it easy today but this soon disspareared at the first incline. I just charged it. In fact it turned into one of those runs where I really went out of my way to nail the hills.

In hindsight this is probably not the right approach. I need to stop and ensure that I dont flog myself every time I head out the door. But sometimes I just can't hold back. I posted a fairly sobering message of the consequences of trying too much too soon and my need to have a rest...just a week ago.

I dont mention often but I am now pretty much living with heel/achilles pain. It is just a niggle in the scheme of things, but I know that it has the potential to get a lot worse. Next time an easy run is scheduled that is exactly what I will be doing.

But a good effort today completed in just under 39 minutes.

1 comment:

TA and the Gnome said...

"Next time an easy run is scheduled that is exactly what I will be doing...". OK Nick, we'll hold you to that :-)

sfG