Friday, October 07, 2005

Mona Fartlek

Normally I like to do short intervals at lunch on the thursdays before racing but took the opportunity to run with an old mate yesterday so decided today was the day. Also the plan of attack was 6 1km repeats but soon after starting I knew I would struggle with 1 repeat let alone 6, so I turned the 1km repeats into a mona fartlek session. At last I find I am listening to my body and adjusting my training to fit in with my physical capabilities!

I knew I would be running the striders internal half on sunday so i wanted to ensure I had sufficient time to recover. If my legs werent so tired I probably would have belted out the 1k repeats but right now it would have been impossible.

Having said that monafartlek is bloody good bang for your buck. It turns the legs on to race so to speak without bashing you up. So a pleasing hitout. I'm coming back baby!

No comments: