I got up this morning with the view to running mona fartlek * 2 at the bay. So I headed out from Montage to warm up and decided however that I would run a tempo lap of the bay and finish with 5 hill repeats, more just to say hello to people than anything. I ran a 28 minute lap of the bay with some surges on the hills and 1 all out 1km effort.
I got back to Lilyfield Rd and didnt see any familiar faces so headed up to do my 5 repeats at my leisure by myself. No such luck however, coming back the hill was JD, KT and Fats. After finally catching them to be on the same repeat the conversation with Kate turned to her doing 6 repeats(no odd numbers I was told!) so I decided to do 6. After 6 Fats said he was only doing 8, so I did an extra 2 also.
It was great bumping into the guys because there is no way I would have done 8 repeats myself today. In fact if I decided that my lap of the bay would do me for the day I would have been pleased. I dont intend on doing these regularly but perhaps every 3rd week. As far a solid hitout goes though it doesnt get much better- great for strength and strength equals endurance.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
As a wise Fox recently said to me: hill training - accept no substitute :-)
J.
Ahhh... youve got to love that lillyfield road! Always better with company!!
Hi Nick,
Wouldn't mind joining you guys at Lilyfield Rd for some reps one day. Will have to look into changing my schedule?
Re-catching up, I normally go for a longish midweek run at LCNP on Wednesdays also taking in some of the GNW, will talk next time we meet up, try and arrange something.
Great result at the Internal half too BTW.
Post a Comment