Saturday, October 22, 2005

Tips for young players - tape up!

A quick lap of the bay early today with a 2km cool down. The heel took around 500 metres to warm up and then I was into it. Finished the lap in 27.50 and then ran a 10 minute warmdown. I wanted to run for a bit longer today but unfortunatelyI had to be home early, so I decided to make the most of the time I had but still get a warm down in. I am paying particular attention to managing my feet and achilles at present. The heel gets iced every night now and the achilles some voltarin. I can pinpoint exactly where my heel is sore and I am really getting in there and trying to massage out the spot. I am concerned it may be a spur. I am going to get a referral for an x-ray this week, as if it is major, better getting it fixed now than in 3 months time when it is worse and in the middle of my Canberra prep. I fully expect to be (and hope that I am) outed as a blouse, as I feel like I am finally running into some good form now.

As for the heading, for the first time in I can't remember I forgot to tape up the manboobs this morning. I am sure that my very sensitive boobies actually have an abrasive rating not dissimilar to sandpaper for for all different types of materials. And for something as universally popular as drifit is for runners my nips rate its abrasive properties quite highly!

Forget water torture, intelligance agencies should interrogate suspects by having them run 10kms in a sweat laden top and then ask them to jump in the shower.....ooooohhhhhhhh!

No comments: