Ran again in the evening today and was a real confidence builder, a flattish run of14.8kms in 57.45. I have established a track from home to Crystal and Norton St, Balmain Rd, down to the Iron Cove Bridge around the Bay to Lilyfield Rd & back to Norton, Crystal and home.
I ran this with the benefit of a cool night and fresh legs. The legacy of the longer runs are paying off again with my endurance at aerobic/anaerobic threshold really making an improvement of recent. I felt tonight like I was pushing hard but still had that extra gear if necessary. A really pleasing effort.
I still feel like I am underdone in the long run department, however I was not going to push beyond incremental improvements in this area. So I will tackle Sydney with my longest run being 28kms. I know the back end is going to get ugly, but when doesnt it?
I also would have liked some more speed work in my legs, however I know in hindsight that I have used the time I have had available as well as I could. I am feeling very satisfied that I have trained as smartly as I ever have over the last 6 weeks or so for the purpose intended, ie finishing a marathon in one piece. It is also a significant way in front of where I was 2 years ago when in a similar situation work and home wise. I must be learning something in my old age!
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment