We all went down to finish of the city to surf today to spectate. We had a hell of a time trying to find somewhere to park and eventually made it to the final turn on Campbell Pde as the the 50 minute runners came through. I saw heaps of striders and coolrunners and some very impressive results. I thought being at the finish would leave me a little dissapointed not to be running but to be honest I wasnt too bothered. The city to surf is a magic day but as far as the race itself goes it doesnt hold any great place in my heart. I do love the atmosphere but I really do not like waiting around at the start or that mad dash to the kx tunnel. I will probably run with Sam next year as I did with Sophia last year. But as far as community events go it doesnt get any better in Sydney, anything that gets 60000 of us off our arses ofr 14 kms is a good thing in my book.
It was really great to get to the striders do afterwards also. A swag of great results, it is really pleasing to see peoples hard work and persistence rewarded. Even better catching up with a lot of great friends and new aquaintences.
Also nice to have a day off running to give the heel and achilles a much needed rest.
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment