Wednesday, August 17, 2005

bridge run

We have got over a few humps at work which has seen things settle down for the time being. It is nice to be able to catch my breath there for the first time in months. I am honest enough to admit that I am no candidate for workaholic of the year as whilst I do love to achieve something I also like to be able to sit back for a little while to admire.

Today I ran the bridge but took off the foot off the accelerator and just cruised this run today in 50.50.

I am still having significant problems with my heel and achilles but I am able to run through without that feeling of it getting worse. But at the same time I know it is not getting better. That will require rest. Unfortunately time is not on my side as I face the prospect of running Sydney not as well prepared as I would like. That was always going to be the case anyway with number 2. The positive is that I have taken some pressure off myself and will really just go out to finish and enjoy the day. This year will be number 5 en route to 10 in a row(touch wood).

Canberra left some scars after such a great preparation and I know the next time I have a real tilt at the marathon I am going to have to overcome some mental hurdles. Will leave that until that time arrives.

Meanwhile back at the Fox ranch number 2 had a much better evening awaking only once between 11.00pm and 6.00am. We were both relieved for the little tyke and grateful for a decent nights sleep.

No comments: