Just recently the company I work for has acquired another company in a relevant field. In the blink of an eye a few people have set about building there own little empires. It is really quite interesting watching people operate in these types of situations. I am from the old school, whereby I play a very straight bat until I can see what the bowlers are doing. Others on the other hand are playing the flashy shots and it only seems like a matter of time that there will be a loud thud as a few individuals along with there egos coming crashing back to earth.
Unfortunately this has all happened at a very busy time. I am really keem on spending as much time as I can with the family at present but at the same time I have to ensure that the bills are paid and the food is on the table. So as much as I want to be with my family, work also has to be done. I intended taking thursday and friday off this week but so much was happening.
I also wanted to get out and run at lunch on wed and thur however in an attempt to buy time I didnt. I literally worked like a dog to ensure I could take friday off. Early mornings are out right now as we are awake several times a night for a couple of hours and getting up at 5.00am just isnt an option.
I did manage to get out the door at lunch on tuesday and headed to balls head. This is a really great run, lots of really nasty hills but enjoyable, nice scenery with some bush trails and some magic views. I got through this run in just over 40 mins.
I am having a bit of a concern now with my right achilles, it flairs up to the point of where I cant touch it after a run to it feeling okay after a rest. I will monitor it closely over the next few days. If it is sore after my long run on sunday I will give it a couple of days off.
I didnt run on wednesday or thursday because of work, thats life. I did however take friday off, well worth it in the end.
Unfortunately this has all happened at a very busy time. I am really keem on spending as much time as I can with the family at present but at the same time I have to ensure that the bills are paid and the food is on the table. So as much as I want to be with my family, work also has to be done. I intended taking thursday and friday off this week but so much was happening.
I also wanted to get out and run at lunch on wed and thur however in an attempt to buy time I didnt. I literally worked like a dog to ensure I could take friday off. Early mornings are out right now as we are awake several times a night for a couple of hours and getting up at 5.00am just isnt an option.
I did manage to get out the door at lunch on tuesday and headed to balls head. This is a really great run, lots of really nasty hills but enjoyable, nice scenery with some bush trails and some magic views. I got through this run in just over 40 mins.
I am having a bit of a concern now with my right achilles, it flairs up to the point of where I cant touch it after a run to it feeling okay after a rest. I will monitor it closely over the next few days. If it is sore after my long run on sunday I will give it a couple of days off.
I didnt run on wednesday or thursday because of work, thats life. I did however take friday off, well worth it in the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment