I was going to run this evening with 26 Miles but he had a last minute family commitment so I returned to Gore Hill Oval for some 1km repeats at lunchtime. Normally if doing these at lunch it is a bit of a rush but I made sure I warmed up and warmed down today.
I wasnt nervous about doing these but my expectations of the outcome wasnt great, because as previously mentioned it had been 8 weeks since I had run the 1km repeats.
I am finding this year that my best performances have come when I least expect it and it was the case again today. I just wanted to be solid and ensure I didnt skive extra seconds in the recovery. So I got a bit of a shock to look at my watch after the first interval and see 3.21.
My splits were:
3.21/1.27 (repeat/recovery)
3.28/1.30
3.25/1.30
3.31/1.33
3.32/1.33
3.31
Overall these times stack up better than when I set my 10km pb. I dont think I am in that sort of shape at present, but then again who knows?
The main thing I took out of today was I got through solidly and with no bludging, the rest was cream. It has also made me look at the benefit of having some time away from pure speedwork and concentrating on getting strong with longer endurance type runs. I will endeavour to get back into once a fortnight this session, as it has worked for me previous.
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A good session silverfox - you should be pleased. Hope the training is going well for the marathon and the achilles is holding up well. How're number 2 and rabbit?
Looking good for the marathon SF. Haven't lost too much speed. Hopefully the legs will go the distance for you.
Post a Comment