Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hot Lap!

A dog leg bay lap record today - absolutely wrapped!
I headed out after another synchronised sleeping routine with the rabbit and number 2 at around midday. I had strict instructions to be home by 2.00pm as mother had an appointment at her outrageously overpriced Newtown hairdressers.
So I parked near the bridge over the canal and headed north via the tennis courts. I didnt take splits but was having a look at my watch on the CR challenge markers. Iwas running consistent 3.50/3.55 kms to the start of the cr challenge at drummoyne and thought hang on as long as you can.
I was in a situation where i was saying to myself "this is not a race, dont do anything silly, run within yourself...who are you kidding you soft shite, have a dig!". So it wasnt race pace, but it wasnt far off. In the end I finished the dog loop lap in 35.15 - very satisfying. In the back of my mind was the fact that today I was missing my first striders 10km race this year so I did want to replicate the effort of racing as much as possible also.
The achilles is very sore right now however I am hoping it will be okay tmrw as I am hoping to get down to Burwood for the Woodstock fun run with the rabbit and a longer run later that day.

No comments: