I have an enormous amount of respect for those women who run and have really young babies. It is a huge and constant responsibility that gives you very small windows of opportunity. When those windows offer that shard of light in the form of free time I would imagine the last thing on your mind would be to belt out an hour of running! To those who manage it, elite or otherwise, my utmost respect.
As a mere male with the luxury of a safe haven in the form of a spare room it is still bloody hard also. Number 2 had an absolute shocker last night, awake from 11.30pm to to 1.00pm with a crook belly and the same from around 2.30 till the sun came up. I made an exec decision at around 5.30am and gave him some Mylanta off my pinky finger.
We were both shattered at 6.00am as we realised that going back to sleep wasnt an option. How quickly you forget evenings like tonight. The poor little beggar though, it breaks your heart seeing them squirm around, in an enormous amount of pain.
Work was frenetic today so running at lunch was out. I headed out from home at 7.30pm when the rabbit went to bed and number 2 was feeding.
I went out for a tempo 15kms on rolling hills, covered in 63 minutes. A really solid run on a relatively balmy evening. These types of runs are a product of some advice from Ray James who espouses the theory of training for marathons at a level just beyond race pace for exended periods to assist with even pacing. A worthwhile run.
Monday, August 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment