Saturday, August 13, 2005

Murphys Law

Rule number 1 of parenthood, plan for worst case scenario. Today was just one of those days that are sent to test us. Number 2 had a belly ache all day and just wouldnt feed or settle properly. The rabbit also decided that 2 year olds really dont need any sleep and decided to remain awake for the entire day.

I did my lolly today and I feel like a tool for it. I have to remember to roll with the punches on days like today. The rabbit is getting a little defiant at present and I cant help but think she is just copying mum and dad.

Everything just seemed to be 2 hours behind schedule. So in keeping with this theme I headed out the door (after struggling to finally put the rabbit down) at 3.20. I wanted to run for 2 hours today but I knew I didnt have quite enough time, so decided on 1.45.

I literally hobbled in parts of this run with my achilles. I am resigned to putting up with it until after Sydney. I headed south via Stanmore and Livingstone Rds, around Marrickville Golf Course and down the Cooks River cycle way to King Georges Rd. I stayed on the grass as much as I could on this section to give the achilles a rest from the hard surfaces.

Once on King Georges Rd I headed back east to Milton St and wound my wayback to Enmore via Ashbury, Hurlestone Park Dulwich Hill Lewisham and Petersham. Not quite sure of the distance but I would think around 23kms IN 1.44.

1 comment:

CJ said...

Sounds like you are having a full-on week at the moment so even getting out and running is an achievement. Take care of that achilles - it would be awful to have done the training and not make it to Sydney.