I have pencilled the next 2 weeks of my taper as primarily being sharpening. I am treating my taper slightly differently to Canberra where I felt like I took my foot off the gas a little too soon. So whilst all my base type training has been done (to the best of my ability in the time I had) I want to start trying to get some speed into the legs.
I ran monafartlek with 26 miles a couple of weeks back and was impressed with the benefit it provided relative to increased speed and also quick recovery. 20 minutes of quality bang for your buck so to speak. I ran it again today however I accidentally screwed the format up a bit. Instead of 2*90, 4*60, 4*30, 4*15 I added some 45 seconds repeats in also which I thought we had done. So today it went 2*90, 4*60, 3*45,1*30,1*15. I think the benefit at the end of this session is not so much the 'interval', but the progressively shorter recovery. So i got it wrong, but it was still a worthwhile run. So worthwhile I had to walk a lap of the oval in my recovery as I was shattered! Will do this early next week again in my taper with a good warm up and warm down.
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I must try Mona fartlek. My training is not going to plan - I'm forcibly tapering because of the lurgy. Hopefully this won't be a problem come marathon day - fingers crossed.
Post a Comment