Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Green nest

Sam had another unsettled evening last night, poor little bugger. Mother is coping quite well considering. We have his basinet in our room (on my side of the bed, oh joy!). I tried to put my foot down this morning(ha ha ha!) by saying the basinet is going in the spare room. I was told in no uncertain terms that the basinet was staying and if I didnt like the noise to get into the spare room! And by the way have you taken those clthes out of the laundry?...Yes mother...

With his belly ache he half wakes and makes gutteral noises that allude to him awakening fully. But he stops for 10 or 20 seconds. Great you think - he's settled himself! Then it happens again, and again and again. He had a much better night but its those noises in the night that keep you awake.

A visit to the doctor today and a couple of tips re breastfeeding for mother and the all clear to use some mylanta hopefully will settle everything down.

A very cruisy 8kms today at lunch in 34.30, nothing silly, just an opportunity to enjoy what is becoming one of my favourite runs down to Greenwich and back via Crows Nest.

My foot and achilles are very sore again today. I am going to head over to Sydney Running Centre on the weekend to get back into some Brooks. Hopefully this will help the heel at least.

2 comments:

Spud said...

Silver,

Oh, I remember the sleepless nights with the bassinet in the bedroom, not so long ago now. Trying to get up for a run (after a sleepless night)and then into work for the day was hard yakka, no doubt. I kept telling myself, this can only build character...pfft.

Keep running mate!

Unknown said...

Poor little Sam! He doesn't know why his tummy is hurting & he has to let you know about it, otherwise how would he get better? Same way, Silverfox, your sore foot & achilles need a little bit of attention!